Last spring I was lucky enough to get a surprise package from the good people at Bluesmiths, which contained their classic hydrophobic shirt. The note mentioned that they hoped I would put it to the test in a fishing environment, as the product already has a strong following in the paddle sports world… so, of course, I planned a bonefish trip. Kidding. It just so happened that I had a bonefishing trip on the schedule for my birthday in early April, so I told them that I would bring the shirt along to see how it performed. Before I dive in here, let me just say that this product does not disappoint.
Let’s start with the pros:
– Lightweight & surprisingly breathable
– Extremely water repellent
– Technical design, without looking too “techy”
– While the shirt is breathable, it also serves as excellent insulation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And then there are the cons:
– At $95.00 the shirt is a bit more expensive than other technical shirts in the fishing market
– This should go without saying, but the water resistant pocket is not a good place to store electronics…
At the end of the day, the Kahana shirt by Bluesmiths is a high-quality product. Engineered for board & paddle sports, the shirt transitions seamlessly onto the flats… You can get yours here.